WEINIG Through-feed press: Your press for almost all glued-wood construction products.
Using the through-feed press DKK, the feed-in line EUB and the following edging saw your can press all glued-wood products into a perfect strand and, if needed, cut them to fixed end lengths with the following edging saw. For example, the DKK can be used to produce all product for constructive timber house construction, such as glued laminated timber, double and triply beams. Because of the high speed of the strands from up to 160 m/min, the through-feed press DKK is also suitable for producing glued beams in high speed lines.
- High quality end products - by introducing the timber from all sides into the through-feed press, it is possible to have pressing without offsetting.
- High process safety - the rigid top pressure prevents the timber strand from buckling.
- The pressing power set is maintained permanently using hydraulic press cylinders.
Different requirements - different prices
The price of a WEINIG machine is just as individual as your requirements are. Therefore, let us discuss briefly what is most important to you – you will then receive our preliminary, non-binding quote.
Personal advice – for higher productivity and greater efficiency
Together with your WEINIG expert you will find the ideal machine for your requirements. Simply submit the completed form, and your local WEINIG expert will be happy to discuss all further details with you.
The WEINIG through-feed press offers you
- Pressing without stopping
- Cutting (sawing) without stopping
- All offset joints are realigned
- Can be combined with all high-performance finger joint shapers
- Direct planing after the press is possible
The WEINIG through-feed press DKK offers you
- High quality of the end product by processing from all sides
- The through-feed press enables pressing without offsetting.
- Hardened plate chain for high durability
- Pressing in the throughfeed, without stopping
- Automatic cross sectional changing
- Adjustment via the center or the fixed side possible
- Continuous monitoring of the process (pressure and slippage)
- Segmented, pneumatic side pressure elements
- Highly dynamic edging saw with capacity of up to 20 cuts/min.
- Feed back of the braking energy
Intelligent feat of strength
The glulam lamellae at Pfeifer in Imst, Austria, are pressed at 160 m/min and subsequently planed. The throughfeed press replaces four old machines.
The Pfeifer group commissioned its modernized production facilities in Imst at the start of 2013. Performance and wood savings were decisive in awarding the order, recalls authorized representative Dietmar Seelos. "We required a press with a feed speed of 160 m/min." This feat of strength was necessary because the new single pressing line was replacing four existing lines. The company chose a WEINIG DKK 115 through-feed press. Its role is to create a continuous strand from the pre-milled and glued infed timber. A feed unit accelerates the lamellae and transports them to the feed-in station, where they are handed over to two servo-controlled, synchronous aligning chains. This ensures continuous jointing with no offset. The master computer knows exactly which infeed lengths and cross sections are coming to the press. The DKK 115 adjusts itself automatically. At the end is a continuous flow of glulam lamellae, which is pushed relentlessly towards the planing. This is a special case as the feeding power of the DKK must also be sufficient for downstream planing. Two 90 kW electric motors are therefore used. The improved chip removal of the WEINIG planer proved decisive. The Powermat 2500 saves at least one millimeter. Since the Kundl sawmill invested in the same planing technology in its quality sorting, it has benefited from the combined effect of the two machines. Performing the cutting in its own sawmill also allows the smaller input dimensions to be reflected one-for-one in the cutting dimensions. For a glulam factory with an output of 100,000 m3/year, this represents an enormous saving.